Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Say, there's a good idea....

I received a flyer through the mail yesterday from my Democratic opponent, touting his plans to create jobs, provide affordable health care, and to give us some property tax relief. It looked a lot like the flyer I received from my Republican opponent a couple of weeks ago, which also touted his plan to create jobs, provide affordable health care, and to give us some property tax relief.

That sounds like some of the things I would like to see, so I had to ask myself why I was running for this office at all.

But then I went back through some of the campaign literature I have collected over the years, and I discovered that every election the Democrats and Republicans claim to want more jobs, affordable health care, and property tax relief.

While I don't doubt their good intentions, I would have to call their methods into question.

The other two parties believe the way to create jobs is to take money from the working class and give it to businesses to entice them to locate in our area, and then hope that politicians from another area don't take even more money from their working class and give even more money to the business to entice them to move.

James Bovard once said, "If you think health care is expensive now, just wait until it's free". Restrictions, mandated coverages and the fact that nearly 65% of all health care dollars are spent by the government doesn't help provide affordable health care.

And there is no possibility of tax relief of any kind as long as the government continues it's spending spree.

I believe the way to attract real businesses and real jobs is to provide a business friendly enviroment of lower taxes and reduced regulation, that the key to affordable health care is less government intervention instead of more, and the only way to make property taxes fair is to eliminate them.

And the only way to do that is to send some fresh ideas for some new methods to Indianapolis this November.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home