Sunday, October 29, 2006

Habits of old.......

I started smoking when I was eighteen. I’ve never really figured out why, but it didn’t seem like a big deal at the time. After a few years I gave some thought to quitting, but decided it probably wasn’t worth the effort.

After I was married, and decided that it might be worth the effort to quit, I began to realize just how hard it was to break an old habit. I tried several times, and I failed several times. Then came my three children, and breaking the habit became a little more important, if not easier. In fact, just about every event in my life made breaking the habit more important. When the importance of quitting outweighed the difficulty of quitting, I finally managed to stop smoking. But it still wasn’t easy.

We have an election coming up next week where the stakes are pretty high, and a lot of old habits are going to come into play. For years people have been walking into the booth and voting for Republicans and Democrats. Even when both parties have repeatedly broken their promises of property tax relief, or smaller government, or lower taxes, or when their programs have resulted in runaway healthcare and education costs, voters continue to vote the way they have for years.

We know it’s a hard habit to break, but we also need to realize the importance of once again taking control of our government and it’s spending. This November, please cast your vote for the Libertarians, the party that truly supports lower taxes and less government.

I know it won’t be easy, but I know you can do it, because it is important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home