Tuesday, November 07, 2006

It can only go one of two ways.

There are two ways that government can change. We know it's not going to stay the same size. It can grow bigger, more obtrusive and more expensive, or it can get smaller, less obtrusive and less expensive.

I've been around for 54 years, and the government has grown by leaps and bounds in that amount of time. In the last 25 years I've seen the property taxes on my home increase by over 450%. In the past 10 years I've seen my property rights dwindle as governments claim to my property became stronger.

It doesn't really matter if the Republicans or the Democrats were in control, or if they shared control. Government has continued to grow, and I have no reason to believe that it won't continue to grow as long as the Republicans and Democrats retain control.

I'm running for District 54 Representative on the Libertarian ticket because I believe we can live a better life with less government and lower taxes. That is something that you can count on from Libertarians. A desire for smaller government. Not all Libertarian candidates agree on every detail of the Libertarian philosophy, but to the candidate they agree we must cut the size, cost and intrusiveness of our government.

When was the last time you could count on that from a Republican or Democrat?

I'll be publishing comments and positions on this portion of my blog. If you have specific questions or concerns, you can list them in the comments, or contact me at lpwc.com.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your campaign. I heard that you are doing amazingly well in the polls. I've made a contribution to your campaign via the Libertarian Party web site. We need more support for candidates like yourself that can actually make a difference.

Jon

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home